- - Unique field of dentistry
- - Leading experts in the field
- - Qualified solution of dental problems in patients receiving chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- - Early detection and effective treatment of oral and maxillofacial malignancies
- - Preparation for implant placement in patients with anatomical limitations
- - Minimal time from the first visit to the end of implantation
- - Possible single-step implantation within a day
- - High-quality materials produced by the leading manufacturer of implants
- - Correction of all types of malocclusion
- - Treatment of children and adults
- - State-of-the-art orthodontic appliances
- - All types of dental implant placement
- - High quality materials
- - Our own dental laboratory
Orthodontics is a very special field of dentistry that deals with detection, treatment and prevention of orofacial anomalies and malocclusion. In MEDSI, all kinds of treatment of orofacial anomalies and malocclusion in adults and children are applied.
Purpose of orthodontics
The goal of orthodontic treatment is to ensure normal function of the jaws, their ideal occlusion and position. Most often, it is children and adolescents who need this type of correction: their tissues are more pliant, and the jaws development is incomplete, which makes the process of correction easier and quicker than in adults.
Indications and contraindications
Orthodontic treatment might help patients with the following dental problems:
- Jaw size abnormalities:
- Macrognathia (abnormally large upper or lower jaw)
- Micrognathia (abnormally small upper or lower jaw)
- Jaw asymmetry
- Disorders where teeth are not lined up correctly:
- Deep bite
- Crossbite etc.
- Developmental anomalies associated with incorrect jaw positioning:
- Prognathism (protrusion of one of the jaws)
- Retrognathism (abnormal posterior positioning of one of the jaws)
- Slope of one of the jaws
- Asymmetrical position
- Anomalies of the shape or size of the dental archs
- Anomalies of the shape or size of teeth:
- Conical teeth
- Awl-shaped teeth
- Fused teeth etc.
- Abnormal number of teeth:
- Insufficient number of teeth
- Supernumerary teeth
- Impaired tooth development and eruption:
- Retained primary teeth
- Enamel dysplasia
- Retained teeth etc.
There are about 200 problems that orthodontics deals with.
Such problems as impaired teeth growth, jaws’ positioning or speech sound disorders in a child require orthodontist’s services.
Adults are advised to see a dentist if they have any of the following symptoms:
- History of tooth extraction in dental arch
- Uneven teeth
- Exposed cervical surfaces and dental hypersensitivity
- Wisdom teeth problems
- Teeth mobility, crooked teeth
- Impaired contact between the teeth
Contraindications for treatment include infectious and inflammatory, autoimmune disorders, malignancies, blood disorders and other conditions in which orthodontic procedures may be potentially dangerous.
Description of the treatment process
Treatment of various teeth and jaws anomalies differ greatly. Completely different designs of devices are used; orthodontists work closely with dentists and orthopedists who carry out additional procedures.
However, in any case the treatment is preceded by a thorough diagnostics stage. The patient is examined and imaging tests of the jaws (orthopantomogram, digital radiography, computed tomography scan, dental impression or other procedures) are performed. A specialist determines the type of abnormality and the mechanisms of its development. It is possible to plan the treatment as well as the use of specific orthodontic devices only with understanding these mechanisms.
Placement of special orthodontic devices, patient monitoring, tracking changes over time, removal of the devices upon achievement of the desired effect — all of this takes time and requires repeated doctor’s visits. The use of removable and non-removable orthodontic appliances, special oral hygiene procedures are normally required during treatment.
Orthodontic treatment result
As a result of treatment, dental anomalies, anomalies of the jaw and malocclusion are completely corrected. In most cases, even gross deformities might be corrected, however, it might need a lot of time.
MEDSI orthodontists use only rapid advanced techniques and appliances and work closely with experts in related fields. This allows our patients to get the best possible therapeutic effect.
Price (approximate calculations)
|Complex orthodontic treatment using a metal bracket system and multiloop edgewise archwire (MEAW) treatment (15 visits – 1.5 years, 2 jaws, without diagnostic procedures, additional elements, and retainers)||
|Complex orthodontic treatment using a metal self-ligating bracket system (24 visits – 2 years, 2 jaws, including the bracket system)||
|Complex orthodontic treatment using an aesthetic MEAW bracket system (15 visits – 1.5 years, 2 jaws, without diagnostic procedures, additional elements, and retainers)||
|Complex orthodontic treatment using combined MEAW (a ceramic system for frontal maxillary teeth and a metal bracket system) (15 visits – 1.5 years, 2 jaws, without diagnostic procedures, additional elements, and retainers)||
|Complex orthodontic treatment using a ceramic self-ligating bracket system (24 visits – 2 years, 2 jaws, including the bracket system)||
|Complex orthodontic treatment using a metal ligation bracket system (24 visits – 2 years, 2 jaws)||
|Complex orthodontic treatment with a WIN lingual bracket system (24 visits – 2 years, including the WIN bracket system)||
|Complex orthodontic treatment using an Incognito lingual bracket system (24 visits – 2 years, 2 jaws, excluding the cost of laboratory production of a transfer core mouth guard with Incognito brackets for indirect bracket fixation)||
|Laboratory production of a transfer core mouth guard with Incognito brackets for indirect bracket fixation (1 jaw)||
|Treatment with a metal bracket system for two jaws||
|Treatment with a combined bracket system with 6 aesthetic brackets for two jaws||
|Treatment with an aesthetic, self-ligating bracket system for two jaws||
|Treatment with a metal bracket system for two jaws (1/3 of the cost, to be paid in partial payments)||
|Treatment with a combined bracket system with 6 aesthetic brackets for two jaws (1/3 of the cost, to be paid in partial payments)||
|Fixation of a metal bracket system on the upper and lower jaw||
|Treatment with an aesthetic, self-ligating bracket system for two jaws (1/3 of the cost, to be paid in partial payments)||
|Fixation of a combined bracket system with 6 aesthetic brackets on the upper and lower jaw||
|Fixation of an aesthetic, self-ligating bracket system on the upper and lower jaw||
You can ask questions and request an approximate cost, or make an appointment by calling
+7 (495) 780-77-54.