Function: Chief Rheumatologist of MEDSI.
Main specialty: Rheumatology.
Clinic: MEDSI Clinical Diagnostic Centre at Belorusskaya
Academic degree / Category: Professor / Doctor of Medical Sciences / Highest Qualification Category Physician.
Education: First Moscow Medical Institute named after I. M. Sechenov, 1975
Diploma specialty: Medicine.
Experience: 44 years (since 1975).
Professionals achievements and experience:
- Honoured Doctor of the Russian Federation, a leading Russian expert in the diagnosis and treatment of systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases: systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic vasculitis, dermatomyositis, rheumatoid arthritis.
- S. K. Solovyev is the author of the “National guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus”.
- He has developed a unique method for treatment of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and severe forms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Dissertation topic: “Intensive therapy of prognostically unfavourable forms of systemic lupus erythematosus”.
- Certificate in Rheumatology.
Prof. S. K. Solovyev’s methods of treatment of autoimmune rheumatic diseases that involve the use of extracorporeal treatments and genetically engineered biological drugs ensure not only maximum survival, but also a high level of quality of life and an opportunity to minimize or even completely avoid the use of hormonal therapy. Early detection of the disease, timely individualized therapy, and professional monitoring are the main principles that guide Prof. S. K. Solovyev’s daily practice.
Residency: Institute of Rheumatology of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR
Fellowship: Institute of Rheumatology of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR
Advanced training courses:
- Training in extracorporeal treatments at the Cleveland Clinic, USA
- Advanced training at the University of Tokyo Clinic, Japan
Participation in seminars, conferences, professional associations:
- Member of the Association of Rheumatologists of Russia
- Participates in annual ARR conferences, EULAR and ACR congresses
- over 150 publications in the field of rheumatology
- Honoured Doctor of the Russian Federation
Knowledge of foreign languages: English.
List of procedures and operations performed:
- systemic lupus erythematosus
- rheumatoid arthritis
- systemic vasculitis
- systemic scleroderma
- Sjogren's syndrome
- fever of unknown origin
Range of practical interests: Diagnosis of a broad range of rheumatic diseases. Subspecialty: diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune rheumatic diseases using extracorporeal treatments and genetically engineered drugs. Treatment of patients with lupus erythematosus and other autoimmune rheumatic diseases.
Other skills: treatment with genetically engineered biological drugs, extracorporeal treatments.